PLATFORA BIG DATA ANALYTICS 3.0 TAKES CENTER STAGE AT STRATA + HADOOP WORLD
Platfora Demonstrates Its Breakthrough New Event Series Analytics; First to Allow Business Users to Visually Analyze Patterns and Paths of Interaction Across All Datasets
New York, NY – October 28, 2013 – Platfora is at Strata + Hadoop World in New York, October 28-30 to showcase its new product, Platfora Big Data Analytics 3.0, the breakthrough new Event Series Analytics offering, and demonstrate how companies are transforming their businesses into Fact-Based Enterprises.
Platfora will demo Big Data Analytics 3.0 at booth #307 at the Strata + Hadoop World conference at the Hilton New York Midtown Hotel. Platfora executives and customers will speak at the following Strata + Hadoop World sessions:
- Keynote: From Fiction to Facts with Big Data Analytics
Tuesday, October 29, 9:50am-9:55am EDT
Ben Werther, Founder & CEO, Platfora
The audience will hear why Platfora CEO, Ben Werther, believes BI = BS and hear his vision for the future of Big Data Analytics.
- Presentation: Bringing Video Game Super Powers To Life with Hadoop Big Data Analytics
Tuesday, October 29, 1:45pm-2:25pm EDT
Barry Livingston, Riot Games (Platfora customer) and Ben Werther, CEO of Platfora
Attendees will learn about the data architecture and big data analytics approaches Riot Games uses to access, explore and realize value from their Hadoop data. Ben will also highlight why old, siloed data warehouses and Business Intelligence (BI) tools that only provide a narrow view of data will not work in today’s Big Data world.
- Presentation: Go Beyond SQL on Hadoop, Deep Answers to Today’s Business Questions Tuesday, October 29, 11:50am-12:30pm EDT
Peter Schlampp, Vice President of Product, Platfora
Using BI tools and SQL on Hadoop will not provide what’s needed for Big Data, attendees will learn about Platfora’s new Big Data Analytics platform that allows for deep questions to be answered about user behaviors, across multiple domains of data, at any scale.
In addition to newly announced customers Disney, Washington Post, Shopify and ad network MdotM, CEO Ben Werther will announce more large new enterprise customers on stage during his keynote.
Platfora Big Data Analytics 3.0 is the first product to fully mask the complexity of Hadoop and allow business users to visualize and see patterns and paths of interaction across structured datasets and the massive new datasets of web/clickstream, mobile, events and the Internet of Things. Event series analytics is the next frontier in Big Data Analytics and lets users go beyond ‘what’ happened and understand ‘why’. Key new features include:
- Platfora Event Series Analytics – Analyze patterns of behavior visually across all channels of interaction around subjects of interest (e.g. customer, products, devices). Event Series Analytics provides interactive funnel-charts, in-memory acceleration of event-stream analysis, and deep event-correlation against raw Hadoop data.
- Platfora Entity-Centric Data Catalog – Browse the entire Hadoop Data Reservoir that puts the subject of interest at the center and shows every attribute, channel of interaction and segmentation in one browseable view.
- Platfora Iterative Segmentation – Find groups of any subject of interest (e.g. customers, products, devices) based on their attributes or patterns of behavior. Users can name and use them for comparison or analysis in any other context.
Additional Media Resources
- A Rallying Cry for Big Data Analytics Blog by Platfora CEO, Ben Werther
- Breaking Glass Blog from Roger Lee, General Partner, Battery Ventures
- Recent Platfora press releases on the website
- Press Visuals & Assets from Platfora Big Data Analytics 3.0, October 23rd Launch
- Follow Platfora on Twitter and Facebook
Platfora’s mission is to empower customers to transform their businesses into fact-based enterprises. Platfora Big Data Analytics masks the complexity of Hadoop, making it easy for customers to understand all the facts in their business across events, actions, behaviors and time. Platfora is funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures and In-Q-Tel. For more details, visit www.platfora.com or follow @platfora and #FactBased on Twitter.