Platfora Big Data Analytics
Platfora puts the power of Big Data Analytics into the hands of business users, providing self-service analytics capability across all of your customer interaction, machine and transactional data sets. With Platfora, you can visualize insights and make decisions that were never before possible—all at the speed of business and without the intervention of IT.
Build An Interest-driven Pipeline™ Of Facts
Platfora provides business users with an Interest-Driven Pipeline of the information they need to drive business decisions. Unlike conventional infrastructures, which allow for inflexible and partial access to such data, Platfora provides access to all of your data. Where traditional BI infrastructures give you the tip of the iceberg (often 10% or less of total available enterprise data), Platfora opens up the other 90% of your data, which includes machine, device and customer interaction data, unlocking business value you never knew you had.
Platfora automatically delivers raw data into customized views called lenses for accelerated viewing and analysis of data. Lenses are delivered in-memory to ensure instant access to the data you need. Platfora lenses provide the ability to flexibly explore your data, mashing it together in new ways to access tremendous untapped business value.
With Platfora you can:
- Easily create, modify, and query lenses based on your most pressing information requirements without IT or other specialized support
- Create or change lenses on the fly to explore new questions in minutes instead of months
- Visualize the results as you modify the parameters of your questions
Vizboards are Visual, Self-Service, and Interactive
Platfora empowers business users to dive in and do their own independent analysis on big data. Platfora Vizboards provide the intuitive visual interface that makes such exploration possible. Vizboards are an interactive canvas that combine data visualization, data discovery, event analytics, and behavioral analytics in an HTML 5 web-based environment. With Vizboards, you can easily produce the appropriate charts or graphs to make sense of the data you are analyzing. Plus you can modify the data and relationships you are exploring on the fly, and easily filter out extraneous data. With Vizboards, you can take snapshots of data and add annotations to track your findings as you go.
Vizboards enable you to:
- Use a comprehensive library of best-fit visualizations to explore data
- Drag and drop fields into the Vizboard for instant results
- Derive new insights without waiting for IT to develop data models or write SQL queries that only return results based on limited data
Event Series Analytics
Platfora’s Event Series Analytics capability enables you to discover trends and correlations in the behaviors of your customers, products, and machines. With Platfora, you can easily consolidate all relevant events, behaviors, actions, and results into a single timeline — creating a unified narrative out of large numbers of data points from a wide variety of sources. Until recently, this kind of synthesis could be achieved, if at all, only by data scientists in companies with large research organizations and a lot of time and money on their hands. Platfora puts these capabilities into the hands of business users, not programmers or scientists, providing flexible, open-ended exploration and immediate answers to questions about customer behavior.
With Platfora’s Event Series Analytics, you can:
- Analyze any pattern of events across all of your data
- Create interactive funnels using simple visual tools to explore where, how, and why conversions — sales, drop-outs, or other key events — are occurring
- Quickly and painlessly modify your event analysis to explore possible causes and model possible solutions without the need to write complex programs or SQL
Entity-Centric Data Catalog
Business users who can’t make sense of your organization’s data can’t do effective exploration and analysis on that data. The Platfora Entity-Centric Data Catalog provides a single resource where users can locate the data related to their analysis. Platfora automatically organizes raw data from Hadoop into a structure that business users can understand, assigning data to such entities as customers or products. Thanks to Platfora’s Dynamic Data Lenses, these users can then update the data model and define their own queries and reports quickly and easily, allowing for rapid and flexible analysis of the entities that drive your business. You can quickly mash up any and all datasets around the entities important for your business and for the specific analysis you need to perform.
With Platfora’s Entity-Centric Data Catalog you can:
- Find all the analysis, events, and segments related to subjects of interest — customers, products, locations, etc. — in one place
- Easily manage datasets with help from the visual and intuitive Platfora interface and automatic recognition of common big data file formats
- Speed analysis with native access to data rather than relying on the limited, complex, and slow connections common to traditional business intelligence solutions
Iteratively analyze data with segmentation
Without robust segmentation capability, you can only analyze entities in aggregate — looking at totals for things like sales, web visits, error logs, etc. As with a traditional BI environment that provides access to only 90% of total organizational data, an analytics environment without true segmentation capability will show you just the tip of the iceberg. As a result, options for understanding and optimizing your business would be severely limited.
Platfora Big Data Analytics provides the flexibility to define customer segments across entities such as customers, products, or devices. You can create segments based on any possible combination of attributes and behaviors. This kind of robust segmentation capability enables true Big Data Analytics, that kind of analysis that can reveal the hidden relationships, drivers, and roadblocks that you have to understand in order to move your business forward.
With Platfora’s thorough Segmentation Capability you can:
- Save segments of interest for additional analysis later
- Share segments with other users and collaborate to continuously improve outcomes
Collaborate And Share
When analysis is difficult to share, people can’t build on each other&rsquos insights — leaving some individuals and teams within the enterprise to make decisions without being able to rely on all the facts that should be available. With Platfora, you can magnify the impact of fact-based decision-making by delivering big data analysis to all the business decision makers in your enterprise.
With Platfora, you can:
- Comment directly in visualizations to help others understand the analysis
- Avoid rework and drive faster collaboration by sharing datasets, lenses, segments, and vizboards
- Create read-only versions of shared analysis that enable users to track data lineage back to the raw data to quickly identify any potential discrepancies in results