Big Data Analytics 3.0
Platfora’s mission is to empower customers to transform their businesses into Fact-Based Enterprises.
Platfora processes raw data in Hadoop and gives Business Analysts visual self-service Big Data Analytics to go from events, actions, behaviors to business facts, today. Platfora software deploys in the data center or in the cloud, next to your Hadoop cluster.
Entity-Centric Data Catalog
Business users who can’t make sense of what data you have can’t use your data. The Platfora data catalog provides a single resource where users can locate the data related to their analysis.
- Find all the analysis, events, and segments related to the subjects, such as customers, of analysis in one place
- Manage datasets with help from the straightforward Platfora interface and automatic recognition of common big data file formats
- Speed analysis with native access to data instead of relying on the limited, complex, or slow connections common to traditional business intelligence solutions
Build An Interest-driven Pipeline™ Of Facts
Stale, brittle infrastructure delivers limited evidence on which to base business decisions. That’s because it can’t tap into all the relevant data. The Platfora Interest-Driven Pipeline automatically organizes raw data into in-memory lenses. As your questions change, the in-memory lenses adapt dynamically.
- Query lenses interactively for fast responses that include all relevant information
- Create or change lenses on the fly to explore new questions in minutes instead of months
- Visualize the results as you modify the parameters of your questions
Vizboards are Visual, Self-Service, and Interactive
Vizboards are in interactive canvas combining dashboards, data discovery, event and behavioral analytics in an HTML 5 web-based interface. Platfora lets business users dive in and interrogate big data themselves. You’ll be hooked on fact-based decision making.
- Use a comprehensive library of best-fit visualizations to explore data
- Drag and drop fields into the visualization canvas — called the vizboard — and see results instantly
- Derive new insights without waiting for IT to develop data models or write SQL queries that only return results based on limited data
Event Series Analytics
Discover trends and correlations in the behaviors of your customers, products, and machines. The first interactive and visual event analytics solution for the multiple digital touch points in your business.
- Analyze any pattern of events across the data reservoir
- Interactive, in-memory funnels allow speed-of-thought analysis without the need to write write complex programs or SQL
- Approachable & easy stage building, with drag and drop comparisons
Iteratively analyze data with segmentation
Platfora Big Data Analytics delivers dynamic segmentation across diverse datasets. Dynamic segmentation makes the nameless subjects of big data known. In contrast, analyzing in aggregate—totals for sales, web visits, error logs, etc.—limits you to exploring directional trends, limiting how optimize your business.
- Identify subjects, such as customers, based on any combination of behaviors, demographics, or attributes
- Save segments of interest for additional dynamic analysis later
- Share segments with other users and collaborate to continuously improve outcomes
Collaborate And Share
When analysis is difficult to share, people can’t build on each other’s insights—forcing some teams within the enterprise to make decisions based on fiction, feelings, or faith. Magnify the impact of fact-based decision making by delivering big data analysis to all the business decision makers in your enterprise.
- Avoid rework and drive faster collaboration by sharing datasets, lenses, segments, and vizboards, then create consumption-only versions
- Comment directly in visualizations to help others understand the analysis
- Let users track data lineage back to the raw data to quickly identify any potential discrepancies in results